Five Days in Pembrokeshire: Warpool Court Hotel’s Peter Trier Outlines a Plan
“For an experience you can’t get anywhere else, Pembrokeshire is the ideal holiday destination,” says Warpool Court Hotel proprietor Peter Trier.
If you’re like most, your holiday will be about five days long. But there’s so much to see and do while you’re here, it’s hard to know where to start! Creating an activity plan before you arrive in beautiful West Wales will help you get the most from your holiday.
- The beach: Pembrokeshire has some of the best beaches in the world. Within minutes of Warpool Court Hotel, there are dozens of beaches to choose from. There’s a beach to suit everyone here – whether you want one with facilities, somewhere close to a car park, a quiet cove or a great surfing hotspot. There are even those with extra attractions, like caves to explore, springs in the cliffs or the remains of a chapel or railway. Some beaches are only accessible at low tide, so be sure to be on the safe side and check the tide tables first. Others may have strong currents, so it’s best to choose lifeguarded beaches for swimming.
- Country Parks: With the Pembrokeshire Coast Path and iconic views at your doorstep at Warpool Court Hotel, you don’t even have to travel to experience the natural beauty of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. If you do want to venture out, you could spend the day at Southwood Estate or perhaps Scolton Manor, home to Pembrokeshire's County Museum.
- Wildlife: There’s no shortage of places to view native and migrating wildlife – including in the area of Warpool Court Hotel. For puffins, seals, birds and so much more, you take a boat trip out to islands such as Skomer and Skokholm. Although you may have witnessed migrations of birds in films, there’s nothing that compares to being up close and personal. Head to Wooltack Point and you might be able to catch a sight of porpoises and dolphins playing in the waters.
- Gardens: A key feature of Warpool Court Hotel is our 15 acre garden. With lawns for croquet, flower beds bursting with colour, a dog-exercising area and lush Italianate terraces, you can relax to your heart’s content in the Pembrokeshire sunshine. There are also nearby attractions operated by the National Trust such as Colby Woodland Gardens, home to one of the finest Rhododendron and Azalea collections in Wales. You can mix a gardens’ visit with a visit to a castle when you are at Picton Castle. You might enjoy Aberglasney and its Music in the Pool Garden (the first Friday evening of May, June, July & August).
- General Sightseeing – The destinations you can visit are countless. And Warpool Court Hotel is a great base from which to get out and explore our wonderful county. From beautiful countryside to beaches, family attractions to castles,tranquil walks to extreme sports, you’ll never be bored on a Pembrokeshire vacation.
Of course, if you need more information while you’re holidaying at Warpool Court Hotel, we’ll be more than happy to point you in the right direction of a grand day out!
Don’t wait too long to arrange your visit to Pembrokeshire – it’s a popular destination, so make sure you don’t miss out on booking our accommodation. Why not check the availability at Warpool Court Hotel today? You can either stay in our secluded holiday cottage or in one of our 22 ensuite rooms, each with its own spectacular view of either the coastline or the Pembrokeshire countryside.